BIP has a Fisherman's access boat parking and ramp at our dam property at the end of Escumbuit Road in Derry. Access to the boat ramp and parking area is gained by completing our Fisherman's application process will will result in issuance of a access key card & a set of parking and boat stickers.
The Contract Process has changed for 2019. Please read & follow the steps outlined below:
- Click here to open and print this application.
- Complete the application.
- Be sure to include the following supporting documents with your application:
- copy of your boat registration
- copy of your fishing license
- check for $35.00, made out to Big Island Pond Corporation
4. Mail the application and supporting documentation to:
Big Island Pond Corp.
PO Box 297
Hampstead, NH 03841
BIPC will review your application and supporting documents. We will send out your key card and stickers, once approved and the Fisherman's Access is opened for the season. If during the review process we have any questions or concerns, we will contact you.
BIPC wants to thank Herb, Dee, Len and Jim for their time and diligence running the Fisherman’s access program. With the application process changes, Herb & Dee will no longer be taking phone calls. Additionally, Len & Jim are no longer issuing keys. Please do not attempt to bypass this new process by contact them directly – it will only delay your application’s processing.
The Town of Atkinson has a canoe and kayak launch on Big Island Pond. For details, click here.